Every person suffers from dental imperfections. Thanks to the introduction of cosmetic dental procedures, you can address all your dental problems and enhance the appearance of your smile. Porcelain veneers are a popular cosmetic dental procedure that we may recommend if you have chipped or cracked teeth or have gaps between your teeth.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin, paper-like sheets made using dental-grade porcelain. We customize them according to the shape and color of your teeth and bond them with your front teeth to enhance your smile. They are often touted as alternatives to crowns and are ideal for treating minor chips and cracks. Porcelain veneers are also used to cover your badly-stained teeth.
When Should I Opt for Porcelain Veneers?
- Porcelain veneers are recommended to create a uniform smile.
- They are a suitable restorative option to treat dental problems like crooked, chipped, or worn-out teeth.
- You can align too small or too large teeth using porcelain veneers.
What are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
- Porcelain veneers are one of the easiest dental cosmetic procedures to cover the cracks, chips, and discoloration of your teeth.
- Veneers look and feel just like your natural enamel, keeping them indistinguishable.
- Apart from restoring the function of your teeth, veneers also enhance your smile.
- Their application doesn’t require removing a large amount of enamel from your teeth.
- The procedure is quick, less invasive, and hassle-free. You may not even need an anesthetic during its application.
- As porcelain veneers are resistant to stains, they do not require high maintenance.
- They are a cost-effective cosmetic dental procedure to treat a majority of your dental flaws.
How are Porcelain Veneers Applied?
You do not need more than two visits to complete this procedure. After taking out the X-ray of your teeth, we prepare them by lightly shaping and buffing. This step allows for the thickness of the porcelain veneers. We take the impression of your teeth and choose the shade from our shade-guard to match the color of your natural teeth.
During the second visit, we cleanse your teeth with dental-grade etching liquid to attain a durable bond. We place a bonding cement between your teeth and veneer. Using a special light, we harden the bond.
What is After-Care of the Procedure?
We will give you some care instructions for your porcelain veneers. Ensure to brush and floss your teeth regularly to maintain their cleanliness. Visit us regularly for dental check-ups and examinations.
Please reach out to Persimmon Dental Care in Dublin, CA, to have a consultation with our dentists. Please call us at (925) 999-8282 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.