Dental implants happen to be a popular treatment option to restore your missing teeth. But some people do not have enough bone mass in their jaw to hold them. It calls for the need for bone grafting surgery. But if you do not want to resort to surgery, mini dental implants may be the best treatment option to suit your needs.
What are Mini Dental Implants?
Mini dental implants have the same structure as traditional dental implants; however, they are a little smaller in size. They include a one-piece screw less than 3mm in diameter. These implants also have a ball-shaped end protruding from your jawbone. They are as effective as traditional implants and even a better option in some cases.
How are Mini Implants Placed?
The procedure of placing them is less invasive than traditional implants. We put them over the gum surface and place them in your jawbone. You do not have to visit our clinic repeatedly for this procedure as it can be completed in a single sitting only.
At the same time, no sutures are required after placing these implants. We may give you a local anesthetic before making a hole in your jaw. Now, we will place the implant into the cavity and secure and tighten it. The next step includes attaching the replacement teeth.
What are the Benefits of Mini Implants?
- Unlike traditional dental implants, placing mini-implants is quick and hassle-free. The procedure doesn’t lead to immense pain or discomfort.
- Mini implants have a faster recovery time than other methods of teeth restoration.
- The cost of this procedure is much more affordable than traditional implants.
- You do not have to worry about your low jawbone density anymore because mini-implants can be placed in such a low-volume jawbone as well.
- Mini implants can successfully fit in all the smaller areas of your mouth and provide faster results than other approaches.
- They are considered a more permanent treatment option over dentures or bridges.
- Mini implants are properly inserted into your jawbone, thus allowing your jaw and teeth to maintain their previous size and placement.
How to Care for Mini-Implants?
They need the same kind of care as regular implants. Brush your teeth twice daily and floss at least once a day to maintain your oral hygiene. If you have an excess build-up of tartar and plaque in your mouth, we may recommend the use of fluoride toothpaste or mouthwash. Visit us regularly for dental check-ups and examinations.
Please reach out to Persimmon Dental Care in Dublin, CA, to have a consultation with our dentists. Please call us at (925) 999-8282 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.