If you have misaligned teeth and want to treat them, the first thing that would come to your mind is traditional braces. Metallic or wired braces are a popular option to align your teeth, fix your bite, and solve other concerns. However, they have their own drawbacks. For example, when you wear braces, you may have to limit the intake of certain foods because they would stick to the wire. Moreover, braces may affect your aesthetic appearance and dental hygiene a little bit.
When you visit our clinic to treat misaligned teeth, we may suggest Invisalign over traditional braces.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the brand name of a thin, clear aligner that we use in our orthodontic treatment. The device is designed to align your teeth without making the treatment visible.
Primarily, this treatment approach is used to align your arches. At the same time, Invisalign is also recommended for crowding of your teeth, spacing issues, as well as some overbite, underbite, and crossbite issues.
What is the Procedure?
Upon your visit to our dental clinic, we will create a 3D image of your mouth and jaw. These images will be put together to design a treatment plan for you and to shift or align your teeth in the proper place.
We will now create a series of plastic aligners according to the shape and size of your teeth. The role of these aligners is to put pressure on your teeth so that they shift into their desired places. You are required to switch the set of aligners every one or two weeks, depending upon our instructions. Invisalign is to be worn 20-22 hours a day.
What are the Advantages of Invisalign?
- The biggest advantage of this procedure is the aesthetic factor. Unlike traditional metallic braces, Invisalign is not noticeable at all.
- They are easy to remove. You can remove Invisalign anytime you want, especially while eating food.
- With the use of Invisalign, cleaning your teeth becomes easier. You can simply remove them and then brush, clean, and floss your teeth. Eventually, it cuts down the possibilities of the growth of bacteria between your teeth.
- You do not have to limit the intake of your favorite foods anymore.
- People who wear braces often complain about the bracket falling off, breaking of the wire, etc., leading to an emergency visit. You will never face these problems with the use of Invisalign.
Please reach out to Persimmon Dental Care in Dublin, CA, to have a consultation with our dentists. Please call us at (925) 999-8282 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.