Improve Your Smile with Cosmetic Dentistry
As your local dental office in Dublin, California, Dr. Charles Giang and his team at Persimmon Dental Care understand the importance of healthy, bright smiles, and are devoted to helping all our patients feel, look, and smile their best.
Everyone has something about their smile they’d like to improve. We offer a range of cosmetic services to improve your smile. Teeth whitening, Invisalign®, and laser gum contouring are just a few of our great services that can achieve your smile goals. Get in touch with us today and schedule a consultation!
Personalized Cosmetic Services We Provide:
- Invisalign Clear Braces
- Veneers & Bonding
- Dental Implants
- Composite Fillings
- Gum Contouring
- Full and Partial Dentures
- Inlays and Onlays
- Teeth Whitening
Invisalign® for Teens and Adults
Having misaligned teeth doesn’t only affect your appearance, but it can also make it difficult to clean your teeth, leading to tooth decay or gum disease. That’s why at our practice, we make straightening your teeth our mission, and for this, we offer Invisalign.
5 Benefits Of Choosing Invisalign
- Invisible - Look great while straightening your teeth! Invisalign clear braces are transparent plastic trays that can hardly be noticed by others. They work “behind-the-scene” to straighten your teeth, while you enjoy your daily life.
- Removable -Using Invisalign allows you to eat and drink whatever you like, as well as provide you with the ability to easily perform hygiene and maintenance for your teeth. All you have to do is remove your aligners, eat and drink, clean your teeth and trays freely, and then wear your aligners once again.
- Convenient -Not only will this clear brace system require fewer visits, you won't have to make changes to your lifestyle. If you travel to be away for business or pleasure, let us know, and we will give you multiple sets of trays to use until you’re able to come back for your next appointment.
- Fast -Unlike other available methods, Invisalign® typically takes 12 to 18 months to achieve results.
- Safe -These clear braces have no sharp edges, so no scratches or damage can occur to your gums. Invisalign is also safe for active teens who are responsible enough to keep their aligners in their mouth for 22 hours each day.
What to Expect Once You Decide to Get Invisalign® Clear Braces?
After a cosmetic consultation with Dr. Giang, during which all your options are discussed, the doctor will let you know if Invisalign is beneficial for you. If you qualify and decide to choose the clear aligner system, you can expect the following to occur:
Step 1: Impressions
During this appointment, we’ll take accurate, digital pictures and impressions of your teeth and let you know which areas we will focus on, and what changes you should expect.
Step 2: Manufacturing your Clear Aligner
At this stage, you are not required to come to the office. We will send all your impressions to the Invisalign lab, where they will create a mock-up for all the needed stages of your treatment for Dr. Giang’s review. He will ask for any necessary changes, and once ready, and approved, manufacturing your customized trays will start. This whole process typically takes three weeks at maximum.
Step 3: Receiving your Custom Aligner
Once we receive your personalized aligners, we will welcome you back at our office for your second appointment. During this appointment, we’ll be testing out your first set of aligners and adding attachments to your teeth to make sure they fit comfortably. Finally, we send you home with your new custom straighteners.
Step 4: Let the Magic Begin
Starting the day you receive your clear aligners, you should wear them 22 hours a day. You can take them off when it’s time to eat and brush or floss your teeth. You might experience a little soreness at the beginning of each aligner, but this should resolve with continuous use.
We will plan a few appointments based on your availability to check on your treatment progress and deliver your next set of trays. In case you feel any discomfort with your teeth, we will be happy to check what could be fixed and fix it for you. As long as things are fitting well and soreness is resolving, you’ll only need a few visits throughout your treatment.
Step 5: The End of Invisalign Treatment
Now that you went through all the stages and you have seen the magic happen, it is important to know that your teeth will need time to get settled into their new position. That’s why we will give you retainers to keep them in place. Retainers keep your teeth from longing for the old days and going back to where they were before your treatment.
Can I Repair My Smile?
The answer is yes! We are committed to helping you achieve your perfect smile and have all the means to support you during this process. During your consultation visit, Dr. Giang will discuss the options that are right for you and help you make a decision. Below are some of the services we offer to reach their treatment goals:
Veneers and Bonding
Both veneers and bonding are meant to help fix minor dental damage as well as improve the way your teeth look, by changing your teeth shape, size, or color. Veneers are used to cover the entire front surface of a tooth, while bonding are used for small changes that don’t require covering the whole tooth and so they are only applied to a smaller portion of a tooth.
Which is Right for Me, Veneers or Bonding?
Based on what is suitable for you, we will be discussing all your options. We would like to give you some information beforehand on how veneers and bonding are different:
- Veneers are made of porcelain, are stain-resistant and would last for years. Since part of your enamel is removed to place them, they are considered irreversible, so may not be suitable if you want to preserve your natural teeth.
- Bonding uses a dental resin, and since it’s much simpler, it can be done during the same visit; however, they are not as sturdy and durable as veneers and can also get stained over time.
Dental implants are replacement teeth anchored in your jawbone, eventually becoming yours permanently. They improve your appearance, oral health, as well as your speech. Dr. Giang is specialized in using laser treatment to perform dental implants, which makes the procedure more precise and comfortable for patients.
Our office is amalgam free. Amalgam (metal) fillings, are made of metal and so they stand out in your smile. Unlike amalgam, composite or white fillings are used to improve your smile by matching the exact color of your teeth and thus are seamless. They can be used to restore decayed teeth or reshape disfigured teeth, giving you back your beautiful smile.
Inlay and Onlays
Inlays and onlays are basically a midway treatment between a filling and a crown. When your back teeth are moderately decayed or fractured, you may not need a full crown, and so we use inlays and onlays to keep more of your healthy tooth.
Crowns, Bridges, Dentures, and Overdentures
- Crowns -If you have cracked or damaged teeth, dental crowns cover a tooth to protect it and make it look beautiful. They look natural and are the easiest way to restore the shape and size of your natural teeth.
- Bridges -Do you have missing teeth? That is what bridges are for. A bridge is a false tooth supported by crowns that substitutes for a missing tooth to bridge the gap. Bridges are made of porcelain to beautifully blend with your natural teeth color.
- Dentures - Dentures are removable teeth replacements that you can take off and put back on at your convenience. You can use dentures to replace one or more of your teeth or even all of your teeth if needed.
- Overdentures - Overdentures, like dentures, are also teeth replacements, but the difference is that they’re supported by implants secured in the jawbone and thus are permanent. The advantage of using overdentures is slowing down bone loss, helping you keep your youthful facial features and structure.
What is Gum Contouring and Reshaping?
Gum contouring is a procedure to reshape gum tissue that negatively affects your smile. Reshaping the gums will make the soft tissue look healthy and sleek to improve your smile.
How Do I Know If I Need Gum Contouring?
Does your gum cover too much or too little of your teeth? Talk to us about your concerns and we can provide you with more information on gum contouring.
We may suggest gum reshaping if you’ve lost gum volume due to gum disease.
Does Your Practice Treat Gum Disease?
Gum disease is a major problem that we take seriously at our practice. Dr. Giang performs a thorough evaluation during your introductory visit to check for any sign of gum disease. We will monitor your gum health at every check-up. Since a healthy foundation is what helps cosmetic results last, we may postpone treatment until we make sure your gums are healthy.
Teeth whitening became an essential part of cosmetic dentistry since it helps patients feel and look their best. It's important to understand how your teeth were initially stained to help avoid the need for retreatment.
3 Ways Your Teeth Become Discolored
- Extrinsic Stains:These are stains that affect the teeth surface and are caused by smoking, drinking coffee, cola drinks, and other dark foods and drinks.
- Intrinsic Discoloration:These are stains under the surface of the teeth. This can be caused by excessive use of fluoride or damage to the tooth.
- Age-Related Discoloration:These simply happen as we age. The core tissue of your teeth naturally yellows over time, and the enamel becomes thinner, causing the core tissue color to show.
We Offer Two Options for Teeth Whitening
Zoom! ® In-Office Whitening System
Zoom! is a fast, safe, and effective process that helps you deal with discoloration resulting from staining. The whole process takes a total of 90 minutes. With professional supervision, we can use the highest-strength gel to give you the best results, sometimes as much as eight shades brighter.
Opalescence Take-Home Whitening Kit
This take-home kit is only available at dental offices. You can wear it at home, in your office, or anywhere you feel comfortable. Your kit comes with a custom tray to ensure even results across your smile.
How Long Does Whitening Last?
It doesn’t matter which system you use, whether it is fast whitening or whitening at your pace. Whitening lasts a long time as long as you follow some simple post-whitening instructions. We recommend frequent brushing and flossing, as well as a few touch-ups when needed.
Ready to Take Your Next Steps to Achieve Great Dental Health?
Our team at Persimmon Dental Care is passionate about helping you achieve your smile goals. We are excited to offer cosmetic dental services that are personalized to your needs. Contact us to schedule an appointment today!